When it comes to beauty tips, I generally abide by this makeup law: less is more. With running in between meetings and well, countries, I would rather spend less time in front of the mirror and more time discovering and creating unique content for Western Charm — but then again, I love the art of pampering and beautifying. I need it. Every girl deserves it. Mindful “get ready” time every morning is sacred and necessary.
These are the five products always in my makeup bag. I take these with me everywhere and they work perfectly for a whimsical daytime look sans eyeliner (I’ll share beauty tips including eyeliner soon).
This look is great for early morning meetings, exploring a new city on foot or even sprucing up after a long flight. It’s nearly effortless and I wouldn’t be able to function without this quick go-to routine.
- Tinted Eye Brightener in Light Bisque by Bobbi Brown// I truly love this product because it tricks the world into thinking I get more sleep than I actually do. This product instantly brightens the eye area makes my face go from “I woke up like this” to “I woke up like this and now I’m glowing.”
- Blush Volpute by Yves Saint Laurent // If I could only have ONE beauty product for the rest of my life, it would be blush. You don’t need thick foundations, concealers or powder. You only need a subtle-but-sweet blush which complements your skin tone and hair colour. This one is a bit on the pricier side but I love the results and don’t mind the investment every couple months. Plus, I can find it all around the world.
- Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil in Blond Clair by Chanel // Beauty tip: Eyebrows in undoubtedly the most important feature of the face. This pencil is my best friend; I can depend on it staying on all day long. It’s never fun when you look back on pictures and find your eyebrows melted off or smudged into a unibrow. Not sexy.
- Volupte Sheer Candy Lipstick in Dewy Papaya by Yves Saint Laurent // I have a couple dozen lipsticks but this one is ALWAYS in my purse. It not only adds a pop of colour to your look but is glossy and moisturising, which makes it perfect for year-round use. This peachy colour really complements my fair complexion and blonde hair so I can always depend on it to pull my look together.
- Babydoll Volume Mascara by Yves Saint Laurent // You’ve probably noticed by now I have an affinity for YSL products (they are timeless and I am a total sucker for their rich shades). Another one of their products I swear by is their Babydoll Mascara. It lasts 24 hours, the volume is insane and it totally transforms and highlights my green eyes in only 30 seconds.